Saturday, January 2, 2010

This why we bought a Ford van...

[Warning, minor political rant ahead]

GM/Chrysler Bailout: $50,000,000,000

First GMAC bailout: $5,000,000,000

Second GMAC bailout: $7,500,000,000

Third bailout, and gov't ownership of GMAC: $3,800,000,000

Totally awesome dance for the Chevy Volt: Priceless?



Seriously? $66 billion dollars to bailout a company that comes up with that as an advertisement? Tim and Gina can correct me here, but they don't even appear to be good dancers.

When we were shopping for a van, one of the salesguys at the dealer asked me if I had looked at other vans. I said I hadn't really even considered a Chevy, given that they were owned by the government. His response? "We've been hearing that a lot lately."

But I am sure that dance will have those Volts selling like hotcakes!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That dance alone makes me want to head out this second to buy a Volt! ;)