Thursday, October 4, 2012

Please don't do this to me!

 
A week ago I was putting Luke to bed, and he was wailing his most recent complaint...
 
"Pwease don't do dis to me!  Pwease oh pweeeeeease don't do dis to me!"
 
You would think I was getting ready to string the kid up on falsified charges of horse thievery, not go tuck him safely into a warm bed.
 
Even funnier though, was getting the picture.  I tried to snap one while he was wailing, but he spotted the camer and smiled for it like a little ghostly Cheshire Cat.  I told him to make the super sad face he had just been making.  More smiles.
 
I said "What if I told you to go to bed again?  Then would you make that sad face?"
 
"No, becaws you awre just teasing me."
 
"Ok, but you just made the sad face when I told you to go to bed a minute ago."
 
"Yeah, but now you awre teasing me."
 
"Nope.  Go to bed."
 
He immediately burst into tears again.  I got the picture.  Paige called me a mean ol' Dad.  And Luke survived the torture of bed without any long lasting damage.

No comments: