Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kids say the darndest things, part 34

Levi, after disobeying me, about 1/2 second before my hand hit his rear at high velocity:

"Oh no! Here we go!"

I had to hold him facedown on my lap for minute to hide the deep belly chuckles.

-------------

The next day, same kid, same imminent impact, only with his mother's hand instead:

"This is gonna hurt!"

Again, me chuckling, this time hiding out of sight in the kitchen.

-------------

Noah, tonight, as Paige was tucking them into bed, and I was working in the garage:

"I wish there was a hole in the carpet so I could see Daddy in the garage"

-------------

At the grocery store, Levi and Noah, as we pass the bakery:

"That is the nursery, where they pass out the cookies"

I asked if that was where they take care of baby cookies...

"No Dad! You are a silly Daddy!"

Uh huh. I'm not the one who thinks there is a nursery in the grocery store.

-------------

Noah, while trying to set up a Matchbox track on the stairs, and apparently thinking he had succeeded beyond his wildest imagination:

"Genius! I'm GENIUS!"

-------------

Neither Paige or I can recall exactly what we were discussing at dinner the other night. It obviously was not important. Because it was, as Noah suddenly exclaimed, in the middle of our sentence:

"Oh no no no no no. Nonsense! Nonsense!"



Where on earth do they learn these things?

2 comments:

Paul and Mandy Winn said...

where did the 6th picture post go? I just posted mine.

Anonymous said...

i'd blame it on the babysitter.