Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thanks Uncle Julio!

For Christmas, Uncle Julio made our kids some shelves to hang by their beds to store their books in. They often want to take some books to bed to read with them (just like their dad.) But when they fall asleep, the books end up all over the floor (just like their dad.) So Julio made some lovely shelves to try to keep them organized. We brought them back in our suitcases, I sprayed a few coats of white paint on them, and hung them up tonight.

Ella and shelf one...


Levi and shelf two...
Levi and shelf three...


No Noah, you say? Here's the story. Noah pitched a fit at bedtime, and refused to take a picture for Uncle Julio. Paige dealt with them while I was doing some work, and ended up moving Noah to our room to fall asleep. So once he fell asleep, I gently moved him up to the top bunk, snapped a picture of him sleeping by his bookcase, sneaky-like. Levi was still awake on his bed, chattering quietly to himself. He piped up and said he wanted to see the picture of Levi. I told him "No, I just took a picture of Noah up in his bed." Levi then said "No, that is Levi!" You can imagine I was completely confused, until I realized that it was Levi, and Noah was the one who was still awake and had never been moved into our bed. So I ended up with two pictures of Levi, and still none of Noah.

In my defense... it was dark in both of the rooms...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to give the kids a choice of developmental reading material, from Berenstain Bears, to Curious George, dicussions on overpopulation, war history, and the roots of America's gun culture! :) Joel

Jason Addink said...

My my, how did those get there?? I was wondering who would notice and be the first to comment. Just trying to broaden their horizons is all. ;)