Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The best medicine

is a Sonic slushie...

I got a text from Paige Sunday night while I was at nursery. It said something like "Come home ASAP. I need to throw up." And that is exactly what she did, all night long. We thought maybe she got some bad food for lunch. We could only be so lucky...

The next morning, after being awoken by the garbage man, I thought I would feed the obsession and take the older three to the landfill on my sick day to check out where the trash all goes. That way Paige could stay home with just Luke and try to recover. So we headed first to McDonalds for a healthy dad lunch of nuggets, fries, and Sprite. Then played in the playground for a while. Then back into the car, and head off to the landfill. We made it about 5 minutes down the road when Levi says...

"My tummy doesn't feel good..."

Uh oh.

I had approximately 3.1 seconds to turn around, ask him exactly what he meant, only to see the garden hose turn on and him fill his lap, his car seat, and the back seat of my car with his lunch. Whip it into a parking lot and head for home. By that evening, Ella and Noah had joined him. Paige and I (Ok, ok... mostly Paige) spent the entire night holding them over buckets as they dry heaved. Poor kids. I spent most of the night thinking I was going to join them, but my infamous iron gut held out and I never did. Luke somehow escaped the whole ordeal, possibly because he is already on antibiotics for an ear infection.

So after too much information about what happened at our house this weekend...

We spent the entire last two days curled up on the floor watching movies. Tonight they all felt better, so we thought this would be appropriate for rehydration...

 

 


And obviously we are fairly confident that the rainbow of fruit colors they consumed will be staying down...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: