Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Earth Hour people! Get those lights on!

I heard something about it being Earth Hour tonight at 8:30?

I didn't hear the details, but I assume we are supposed to turn on all the lights in our house as a beacon of our enlightened higher consciousness, and to shine the rays of global climate change into the hearts of our un-informed fellow citizens!

So I turned every light in the house for the last hour. It's so bright and cheery in here! Those Earth guys sure had a good idea to come up with a day to celebrate modern technology and everything it has done to improve our lives!


(No, I didn't clean up before taking the picture. Deal with it.)

I thought about starting all the cars and letting them idle, so that their voices could join those of us mourning the loss of the old growth trees. But I thought that might be going a little overboard.


Oh wait....

I just perused this official looking Earth Hour website.

I may have gotten this slightly, ummmm, backwards.

Whoops! :)


Update, 3/27/10 7:14 PM: It's tonight people! I totally jumped the gun on this! You didn't miss your chance. Get that electricity meter spinning! I might have to celebrate all over again tonight!

1 comment:

ahijon said...

I just left all my lights on Friday through this morning. I also tried to get my tree guy to cut down a few trees, but his schedule was booked out - I'm sooooo o o rry treeeeeeeeeeee eeee e e ee ee s! (read as though sobbing uncontollably)