Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mmmmmmm, goooooood.

Normally, when Paige takes off for the summer, I eat like this:



Lots of meat and very few vegetables (unless you count potatoes.) Which is why I also end up on a steady diet of this:



So this summer, I'm attempting to eat a little more of this:



However, while I was in Utah, my decadent buddy Jonathan enlightened me to the high-falutin' method of fruit consumption, revealing that he typically eats his fruit with this:



And you thought a bowl of berries couldn't get any better. Oh, how wrong you are.

While I was in Utah we ate lunch at Ruth's Diner. On the menu I discovered Ruth's Chocolate Malt Pudding. Per the menu... "Before Jell-o, all puddings were made this way..."


Back up the Kraft Foods truck... "Before Jell-o" ?!?!?!?



I wasn't even aware such a time existed. In all my 30 something years, it never even occurred to me that you could make pudding that didn't come out of a box. And since I've never even heard of such a thing, and everyone uses the boxes... I'll bet homemade is an even slower process.

Could life get any better?

Where was I? Oh yeah...

"Before Jell-o, all puddings were made this way. Rich semi-sweet chocolate, barley malt syrup, heavy cream, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla served with a generous swirl of whipped cream."

So, a little of this:

(Note Mother... the H&H is organic. Probably like 83 times better for me than that sythetic hormonal pesticide stuff that all the normal people drink. The eggs, however, are not free range. And the vanilla is Mexican.)


Ahem...

And quite a bit of this:



And I had this for desert last night:



While watching this:



Mmmmmmmmmmm, gooooooooood.

No comments: