Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bye Bye Pampers

I have been busy for the last seven years changing diapers. Seven years of diapers without a break. Ella was still in diapers at 21 months when her brothers joined our family. Then Levi and Noah took their own sweet time potty training and were not officially trained (that I could trust them) until their third birthday. Luke arrived two months prior to their birthday. So you see, my four kids have been in diapers for the last seven years. Being the diaper snob that I am, that is/was a lot of Pampers we have consumed. Procter and Gamble has done well on the Addink dime for the last several years, but NO MORE.

I have seen the light, and made the switch to cloth. Yup, cloth. What took me so long? Seriously, they are so easy. They are not gross, like Jason was sure they would be. And Luke loves them!



Luke has been wearing his bumGenius diapers for over a month now, and we LOVE them!



In the beginning Jason put up a fuss and refused to use them. So Luke was put into a disposable at night when daddy put him to bed. However, being the smart (and very verbal boy) that he is, Luke began asking for "cloth diapers, not paper diapers" at bedtime too.



So now he gets his cloth diapers 24/7. Okay not really 7. We send him to church in disposables to make it easier on his teachers.



Look, they can even color coordinate with your shirts! (We prefer to be pants free in the Addink house.)

I can't wait to break out the pink ones for his little sister! Come on court date! I'm ready for a few more years of diapers.

5 comments:

Jason Addink said...

For the record, I still think scraping poo out of diapers and washing them in our washer is gross. Engineers at Pampers work very hard to make our lives easier and more sanitary, only for my wife to go all granola on me.

Paige Addink said...

For the real record, there is no scraping involved, and all your diapers as a baby were washed this same way too. I have not gone granola. I have gone Dutch (aka-thrifty). Engineers at bumGenius have worked long and hard to make these easy enough for a monkey to use! And according to Luke, super comfy too! :)

Sarah said...

Are you guys getting paid to endorse this product?

Jason Addink said...

By "you guys" I assume you mean Paige? Because, if you didn't notice, I don't endorse them and still think they are gross. And yes, scraping was involved.

So the FTC can come after Paige and leave me out of this. And if she gets hauled off to prison, I'm diapering our kids strictly in well engineered Pampers, which do not require scraping or washing.

(And for the record, neither Pampers nor BumGenius has paid us anything to endorse (or not) their products. In fact, we've paid them Scrooge McDuck sized piles of gold to keep childhood waste products contained.)

Paige Addink said...

I wish we were getting paid! That would even be better! Don't listen to Scrooge. I think he has only ever changed one, ONE, dirty cloth diaper, and I do all the washing, so it shouldn't be a big deal to him. He has something about looking our for Engineers. However, some(bum)genius engineer designed these too! :) Oh, and he is terrified that I have "gone green."