Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dang technological advantage


My mom passed down my Lego sets from when I was a kid to our boys. I didn't have many Legos as a kid, but the castle complete with knights and bowmen and horses was pretty cool. And I had one jet pack equipped astronaut.

Thus began today the epic Lego battle of 10/10/10.

Sides were chosen.  Dad was, of course, immediately deemed "the bad guy."

Noah wisely chose the technologically advanced astronaut as his avatar.

Levi began quietly assembling a multi-headed monster as his.


I took the more traditional route, a triple axe wielding warrior mounted on his valiant steed.


Who was promptly thrashed by the advanced technology of the jet pack astronaut.  The astronaut had some sort of axe deflecting apparatus constructed on his head, according to Noah, which rendered my superior battle tactics useless.


Oh, and the astronaut apparently dismembers his enemies.


At this point in the battle, Levi's multi-headed (and multi-legged) demon was seeking an opponent.


I reassembled my axe wielding hero, thinking this might be his moment for glory and renown on the battlefield.


Alas, I was not aware that (according to Levi) having seven heads endows you with superpowers, such as the ability to fly.  And to crush all your enemies.

My axe man died a second bloody death.

The astronaut was ready for battle again.  And had an additional five heads, armor, an axe, and a horse.  Obviously the talents of my villain would have to grow equally.  I constructed a triple team of a mounted axeman with two shielded archers trailing behind his horse.

I was not aware, however, that four heads on an astronaut renders him impervious to arrows, according to Noah.  Silly me.


At the end of the day, the superior technology of the astronaut allowed him to rain death and destruction on all his foes, leaving him to survey the carnage he had wrought.


Life lessons imparted:
  • Always choose to be the good guy in battles with Dad.  That way he has to let you win.
  • Bizarre technological inventions, like helmets that bounce arrows back at your enemies, always trump brute force.
  • Dad is much easier to beat up when he is a Lego guy.
  • Seven heads are better than one.

No comments: