Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goin' to the chapel (or Desert Boanical Gardens)

Last weekend my baby sister got married.

But not before I had a chance to shoot her future husband.

With paintballs...

(I didn't realize how ridiculous that tiny little chest protector look until I just saw this picture.)

Paige got me a paintball gift from Groupon for Father's Day. Who better to shoot than my brother-in-law, my future brother-in-law, and his brother! We all headed down to Westworld on Friday afternoon and spent the afternoon pelting each other with high velocity paint. For some reason they were not busy at all, so we had the place pretty much to ourselves. Tons of fun.

The next day we tried to hide the welts and headed to the Desert Botanical Gardens for the wedding.  We rode the trolley in.




Notice a little something extra on his shirt?


 We learned from Ron and Mandi's wedding, and came prepared with a bag of candy to keep little hands and mouths occupied, so that we could actually watch the wedding and not be dragging kids out to the van in the parking lot (where there are no witnesses.)


The downside of having your wedding here... it's like these people had never seen a wedding before!


Ella was the flower girl and pulled her screaming cousin down in a wagon.  He was not a happy camper (and the rosiola didn't help.)


The bride.


The ceremony.


Annnnnnd, the exit (exactly 7 minutes and 50 seconds after the entrance.  Barely enough time to finish a giant sucker!)




While we waited for the reception to begin, we checked out the butterfly exhibit.


Once at the reception, I think our kids each ate an entire jar of honey.  Thanks Aunt Angie!  We love honey around our house!


Luke then promptly converted the honey into kinetic energy, specifically that of rocks thrown into the botatanicals at the Desert Botanical Garden.  Hope they didn't have security cameras.



Then it was home again home again.  Ella was terrified I was going to trip and fall, and that she would crash.  I told her I would land on my face to cushion her fall.

"You would die for me dad?"

"Sure would kiddo."

She still wanted down though...


Congratulations Angela and Peter.

No comments: