Thursday, January 27, 2011

The grand total



The grand total weighed 75 pounds.

9510 coins.

$977.83

And Sara guessed $984.46.  Only $6.63 off?!?!?  Seriously?

I'm pretty sure she would have smoked anyone else who guessed.  If anyone else had.

So Sara, you are the proud winner of this collection of various foreign coins, Chucky Cheese tokens, car wash tokens, a squashed penny, a button, diaper pin, and other miscellaneous.

And one rubber lizzard.


Only two questions remain:

1:  Madderom or Botma?

2:  Will the bank actually take this?  Or am I going to have to find someone who ticks me off and pay my bill in coin rolls?  Hmmmmm, tax day is approaching.  Think the IRS would accept a 75 pound box as payment?

:)

2 comments:

n8 Addink said...

My bank is great at taking coins and cashing them out...but they invariably come up with a total that's lower than mine.

I'm trying to decide which article I'm most jealous of Sara for...the broken hanger top, the plastic piece from a price tag, or...the plastic lizard! And what kinda funny trains do you have in Arizona that put a border (off-center) on its squashed pennies???

I'm not sure how much of this is "that dirty Canadian money", but since I work for a Canadian company I should probably point out - begrudgingly - that the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar right now. Sigh.

Sara said...

Madderom (the single one :). I can't believe I actually won, and you'd better believe I will be collecting :) I need to enter more contests! But seriously, congratulations to you! That should help a little with the costs.