Friday, February 4, 2011

20 DAYS!

20 days until I get to meet my daughter!

We began this journey way back in the Spring of 2009, when we began discussing adoption once again. Luke was not quite one yet and I am sure Jason thought I was insane for once again beating the adoption drum. God was stirring my heart and this time Jason's too! (Woo Hoo!)

A few weeks later we signed on with our agencies and began the great paper chase. The prayers also began for the child who would become our own through a heart wrenching lose of another. And then the wait began.

We were finished with all that we could do by October 2009, and all that was left was God'S perfect timing. That should have been the easy part, letting God be God, but oh how he has used that to teach me over and over again how I am NOT in control. Shocking I know!

The joyous day of seeing our daughters face for the first time came on September 13, 2010! Songs of praise and thanksgiving could be heard though our neighborhood as Luke and I danced around the playroom together celebrating the amazing gift we had just been given.

More waiting, more time to teach Paige patience.

December came and with it a court date for February, 28, 2011. February seemed so far away, and now here we are! And in 20 days I will be meeting the child that I have been praying for for over 2 years. I can not wait to see who God has chosen to be our daughter!

Only 20 more days.

No comments: