Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ethiopia here we come!


So we leave on Tuesday for Ethiopia.  Actually we only make it to DC on Tuesday.  We leave DC Wednesday morning on the long flight directly to Addis Ababa.  I think we have almost everything packed, all the instructions written for the grandparents, and 200 pounds of formula packed into Rubbermaids that we hope the airline will let us take for free.

The grandparents will be holding down the fort while we are gone.  Wish them luck... they are going to need it!

We are taking Paige's new iPad, and my iPhone, so we will try to update the blog when we have internet access.  Not sure how well that is going to work though.

My sister Angie now has author priveleges as well, so hopefully can post stuff for us if we can't do it directly.  Just remember Ange... with great power comes great responsibility.

No idea if we will be able to get to our regular email or not, so copy jason.addink@gmail.com while we are over there.  I figure if anything works everywhere, it is probably Google.

We will hopefully be uploading any pictures to our Picasa album here, so you can check that every once in a while at this link.

Supposedly Facebook works well over there, so check mine for updates as well.

We are renting a mobile phone over there as well.  The phone number is 011-251-0912-132298.  Incoming texts and calls are free for us (not sure what you would be charged.)  We have to pay $.50 per text we send, so we may not reply, but we'd love to hear from you.

I'll have my phone as well, so it might work to text me there, but I have no idea how much I will be charged on that so I'm not likely to turn it on much.  And don't send emails to my work address... I'm turning off work emails while we are over there (or at least I will try to, until I get bored an need something else to stress about.)

I do have Skype on my phone.  Search for Jason Addink or addink1976 in Skype.  Might be interesting to see how well that works from over there.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Sharidee Addink said...

We will be praying for you as you travel and meet your daughter. May God also be with your other kids while you are gone. Travel safe and stay well.