Tuesday, January 1, 2013

They get their sports ability from their mother

We signed our older three up for baseball class from the City of Gilbert.  Nothing fancy, no games, just a class to work on basic skills.  The kids seemed to have fun, and the class must have done some good, because my Walcott cousins were impressed with Ella's catching skills at Christmas.

I told them she gets her athletic prowess from me.

They laughed.  In my face.  And at me, not with me.

Because we all know it is true.  When their "coach" was quizzing them on the infield fly rule, or where the forced out was, they knew the answers faster than I did.  Thus the reason some college kid is teaching them to throw a baseball instead of me.  But when they eventually need calculus help, I'm their man (if I am still able to remember it.)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Meanwhile, Luke and his partner in crime were up to no good...
 
 
 
 
 
 

Notice the awesome outfit on Sophie. While they may get their sports ability from Paige, she clearly gets her fashion sense from me.

Which probably isn't a compliment.

I'm not sure where she gets the diva attitude from, but it is clearly a core part of her personality. After each move, she would run back to me and demand that I show her the picture of her fancy moves.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, we need to get our wild and crazy boys into a Sportball class together. Casey has taken basketball and soccer from Ryan, and he actually gained a few skills also. Get your wife on that, with me!

Andrew said...

I distinctly remember you laughing with us! Or at least grinning! Also, bring a bat to the next holiday. I'm pretty sure Ella will be able to hit anything I throw at her if she can hit like she catches.

Jason Addink said...

We should bring all the sports equipment in the house. Now that they are semi-interested, someone needs to teach them. And we both know they've already passed my skill level! :)