Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mamas, don't let your babies...

Paige emailed me the following anecdote at work today:

So at lunch the kids were having an in-depth conversation about their ages. They were explaining to one another that they were three and then would be four and then five and then six and so on. Ella was using her limited basic math skills to inform "the boys" that when they were four, she would then be six. I was at the kitchen sink doing dishes and they were discussing on and on how they were going to progress in age.

Finally I chimed in and said "Well don't grow up too fast because I want to keep you my babies for longer!"

Noah hops down from his chair, comes over to me, and with a very serious face tells me:

"Mommies don't want their babies to grow up to be cowboys."

Hmmmmmm, wonder where he got that. :)

Then back at the table he shares a chicken tender with Levi:

"Leev, you know why I shared this with you?"

"Why Noah?"

"Because I love you Leev."

Awwwwwwwwww. I really don't want my babies to grow up too fast.

We often sing to our kids when we tuck them into bed. Paige usually sings good old fashioned hymns, or Sunday school songs. I do sometimes as well, but usually they request one of these two...



And Ella's all time favorite, Seven Spanish Angels (have to link to it, cause it doesn't let me embed it.) Ella knows pretty much all the words to this one...

No comments: