Saturday, April 3, 2010

Boy, you got a puuurrrdy stroller!

I drove out to Mesa today to pick up Thomas Gordon's new wheels.

Because a certain friend of mine doesn't "want to feel like I am a walking tupperware party."

Apparently, no one in Utah feels the same way, since Jonathan couldn't find one up there. So he convinced my wife to do some Craigslist stroller shopping for him (he certainly knew where to find the expert on both those topics.)

I'll tell you what though... this thing is fabu. Tres fabu, I tell you.
Luke tested, Luke approved. We took it for a spin around the block and both agreed it was one of the nicer strollers ever to enter our house. And let me tell you... "strollers to enter our house" covers virtually every make and model over the past several years.


(Yes, our son is licking your stroller. Sorry about that.)

Jonathan swears they are going to use the pram for young Thomas Gordon. That his offspring will never lower themselves to riding in a DuPont monstrosity. That would be right up his Scottsdale alley (unlike his redneck friends out in Gilbert.)

But just in case he caves, this stroller did come with the adapter for a Graco seat, in case he wants to go half redneck Gilbert tupperwear. And I am guessing that one experience of trying to transfer sleeping Thomas Gordon from car to pram (Seriously? Pram? It's so upscale they can't even call it a bassinet like the rest of us rednecks?) and they will be all over that Graco tupperwear.


But I can seen why Jonathan likes this stroller. It is a fine piece of engineering. And it's even Dutch as well:

"Max's vision comes from a distinct Dutch point of view that informs design at Bugaboo: reduce complexity to the essence to create harmonious form and function that endures."

I'd say they succeeded.

Enjoy the ride Thomas Gordon. Can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, mom and I have to lug that thing up to Salt Lake with us at the end of the month.