Sunday, July 3, 2011

Man they get old quick!

On Sunday Levi and Noah hit the big 6 years old.  Hard to believe.

We surprised them Saturday night with their gifts.  I took them on Friday to the bike store, with specific instructions that we were only going to see if they were big enough, and were not going to buy anything.  They took a pedal around the back parking lot, exclaimed how awesome the brakes worked, and then said "Can we buy them Dad?!?!!?"  They were a wee bit disappointed when I said no and we got back in the car empty handed.  Luckily they didn't catch me whisper to the counter guy that I would take two, and to hold them for me until the next morning (which also happened to be their big sale day.)


They look hilarious on these things. We originally got some cheap Walmart bikes, but then I decided to splurge and get them some nice ones, in a bigger frame size that they can grow into a little. They went from looking like giants on their old little tiny bikes to midgets on their big ones. I'll have to get a picture for comparison at some point here.



Equal performance, which pleases their father. Coordinating colors, which pleases their mother.

The next morning for their actual birthday we got our Dutch on. First it was Denny's for a free breakfast...


Then Krispy Kreme for twenty four free puffy little pieces of heaven...


Then Joe's BBQ to fill in the bottom half of the food pyramid (plus some lemon cake)...


An aside: How can you not love a place that still sells these? I surprised some busybody hasn't outlawed them already...


Then to Liberty Market for some free red velvet cake, a giant cinnamon roll, a macchiato, two waters, and the opportunity for the boys to appropriately use the line "Hit me again barkeep!" (She thought it was hilarious.)


Next year we will need to go for the Joe trifecta and hit the Farm Grill as well.

Then we headed over to Grandma's with all our free goodies for the birthday celebration. First was a party at Jambo, some indoor playland place that they kept seeing on PBS, and were dying to go to. Forgot the camera at my mom's, so all you get are lousy cell phone pictures.

They are the blurs in the middle.


I made sure all the children were in compliance with caution #4.  I am sure that is a real issue with their younger clientele.


I wonder if the forks and knives feel inferior...


Then off to Grandma's for treats and presents.

"Free" makes it taste soooo much better...


Somehow I caught them looking less than thrilled with their birthday treats.


Happy birthday Levi and Noah!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to two wonderful boys! I am all about hitting up all of the free places on your birthday. You have to eat the Krispy Kremes all in a day though so they don't go stale. I'm glad Levi got a birthday donut! Miss you boys!
By the way, how many birthday spankings did they get?