Monday, April 28, 2008

For Wizzy

Since Wizzy isn't sure who reads her blog, I'll fill this out just for her. I'll fill it out for Paige too, but those answers will be largely figments of my imagination. That way she will have to post to correct me, on the blog I supposedly started for her on which she has posted all of once. :)

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

Jason: Let's see, that would be 1998, the end of junior year at Dordt College. Fairly close to graduation, so 10 years ago I am fairly sure I had an ulcer that I probably should have had treated. The cause of said ulcer was the fact that I had no job lined up for the summer, I was getting my first B in a class since... ohhhh like third grade (I know, horror!), and I had a ginormous crush on the girl who lived in the room across the hall. Only problem was, she was going out with my roommate at the time. Thus the ulcer. I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I asked one of her roommates what was going on. Came to find out that she was breaking up with my roommate on that same day. I think I asked her out the next day. (I know, total violation of the guy code. But he and I are actually good friends to this day.) I believe that same day, we all went to the bar after a final exam, or maybe someone's birthday (Drinking? At Dordt? Never...) Somehow the guys discovered that they had missed buying me drinks for my 21st birthday, and proceeded to make up for their lack of observing tradition. A short time later, I was seeing double. Then triple. The girl next door ended up having to drive me back to our apartment building. Then she had to go to work that night. I hung out in her apartment, while all her roommates grilled me about exactly how long I had been pining for her. I do not recall many of the details, for obvious reasons. I am sure they extracted far more information from me than I wished to reveal.

Paige: She also fell madly in love with the handsome gentleman across the hall, and wanted to marry him and make lots of babies. Worked out pretty well for her, if I do say so myself... ;)

Seriously, I can hardly believe that was 10 years ago. And I love her more now than I did then. So her answers below are all in good fun...

2. Five things currently on my to do list:

Jason:
- Write in the boys notebooks. We write them a letter in a notebook every year for their birthday. I still haven't written mine. Their birthday is in July. The girl next door is a weee bit upset with me.
- Pack my stuff for the hospital. Lots of reading material. And a dog shock collar.
- Charge the camera batteries for the hospital.
- Give blood on Sunday.
- Fix the fan in the boys' room.

Paige:
- Give birth.

3. Five snacks I enjoy:

Jason:

- Chocolate covered coffee beans.
- Fudge from a real fudge shop.
- Jamba juice.
- A tall glass of freezing cold milk.
- Anything else with chocolate.

Paige:
- Bon bons. While watching soap operas, of course. (Isn't that what stay at home mom's do all day?) ;)

4. Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

A billionaire? One billion dollars? You invest that at just 5% annually, that is an annual income of 50 million dollars. $136,986 a DAY! I can't even fathom that. You could buy a Ferrari for every day, and still have money left over.

Jason:

- I wouldn't tell a soul. You would have people coming out of the woodwork asking for a handout.
- Hire someone to totally rebuild the Bronco.
- Give a whole bunch of it away.
- Build "the big" house with a full shooting range in the basement.
- Have a room full of gold coins to swim through just like Scrooge McDuck ;)

Paige:
- She would have a lot more shoes.
- The "big house" would need an extra garage bay just for all the strollers.
- I'm guessing we would adopt about half of Africa.
- And probably travel all over the world too.

5. My five bad habits:

Jason:
- See the list of my favorite snacks. Enough said...
- I pick my fingernails and toenails. Paige bet me that I couldn't stop for 6 months. I won the bet.
- I thoroughly enjoy my own bodily noises (Is that actually a habit? And a bad one?)
- I often drink milk right out of the carton. If you come to our house and want a drink of milk, you probably will want to open a new carton.
- I rarely use blinkers. I'll drive 400 miles and never turn on the blinker, and then turn it on as I make the turn into our driveway. Paige just rolls her eyes.

Paige:
- She grooms me like a monkey. Usually while I am driving. Suddenly I get a finger jammed halfway down my ear, with no warning at all, like a chimp looking for a tick. She's lucky I can keep it in the lane...

6. Five places I have lived:

Jason:
- Dallas, TX
- North Phoenix, AZ
- Sioux Center, IA
- Tucson, AZ
- Gilbert, AZ

Paige:
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Sioux Center, IA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Gilbert, AZ

7. Who's next?
I have no idea. I don't think anyone reads this blog either. :)

I better go write in the boys' notebooks now. I am supposed to be finished by Friday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish someone had warned me about the milk.