Sunday, April 6, 2008

Random kid moments

Paige has a bad habit of leaving cash in her pants pockets. So when she does the wash, there are usually a few bills that end up floating around the dryer. They usually make their way to the top of the dresser when the laundry gets put away.

So yesterday Ella was playing with her purse. She told Paige "I have lots of dollars in my purse." Paige looked up from what she was doing, and saw Ella pulling a wad of cash from her wallet. Paige counted it out... $106. Our 4 year old has managed to collect $106 from the laundry and stash it away in her purse. This does not bode well for when she turns sixteen. The cash won't remain in our pockets long enough to even get to the laundry...


Grandma Meyer is here visiting for a few days. She was telling Ella that she was only staying for a couple of days, but that she would be coming back when the new baby was born. Grandpa is going to come first though, then Grandma. Ella looked at her and said "Good, Grandpa is more fun! But I still want you to come back too."


Justin and Lindsey came to visit a few weeks ago. One night we were chatting about politics, and either Lindsey or Justin ask me who I voted for in the Arizona primary. From over in the corner, Noah chimes in... "Mitten Romney!" All the kids went with us in February to vote, and i kept telling them we were voting for Mitt Romney. Noah called him Mitten though. But that that little bugger remembered for over a month, and even knew we were talking about voting. It's frightening how much their little minds absorb...

4 comments:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

That girl is very sneeky collecting all that money. Now I know where to get a loan from!

Elizabeth said...

I want to be Ella's friend. :)

Jason Addink said...

Just come stay at our house for a while. You could make some cash just searching our laundry. Plus I am sure Ella would gladly trade you 10 $1 bills for her 5 $20 bills. She doesn't quite understand the whole concept yet...

Paige Addink said...

Just to let you all know, my bad habit of keeping cash in my pockets has NOTHING to do with this story. Ella found all that money with her sticky little fingers in my sock drawer. YUP, I stash away cash from birthdays and Christmas that I can spend later with "no explanations". (Ladies you understand right?) If only there were a hundred bucks to be found in the laundry I would be doing it more often and with more enthusiasm! :)