Friday, September 25, 2009

"That's just how God made me!"

Noah has gone to bed hungry the past two nights. He has refused to eat his dinner, because he didn't like it, therefore he has gone to bed with a rumbly tummy. Last night was even delicious roast beef and mashed potatoes. What kind of kid doesn't like roast beef, a pile of mashed potatoes, all smothered in steamy gravy? That's almost un-American.

Tonight Paige is setting up a garage sale, so I am on kid duty. Unlike my lovely wife, who cooks things like green beans, I prepare "healthy" and "nutritious" meals for the children.

Otherwise known as frozen pizza.

Which, of course, they scarf down with no problem.

I was complimenting them on how well they were eating tonight, and attempting to convince them that when Mom works very hard to make us a tasty dinner, you should eat it without complaining, just like you are eating the pizza.

Noah: "That's just how God made me Dad!"

Me: "What is how God made you bud?"

Noah: "Well, some people like green beans, and some people don't! And I don't like green beans. God made me that way!"

Nice try buddy. You still will have to eat your green beans next time...

No comments: