Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ohhhh, the humanity!

Jason always wanted to sign our boys up for twin studies as babies, but he never found any so it never happened. We do not need scientific studies at our house to know that twins are wired a little differently (or the same) as the rest of our household.

This is an update to the post I wrote last night.

Today I took Noah shopping at JCPenney to pick out his new pair of kindergarten shoes. I brought him over to the kids shoe section and showed him the line up of velcro shoes and let him pick. First we tried on a black pair with red lettering and lights. I thought they were going to be "the ones" so I loaded them into the cart and headed out of the shoe isle. But wait! There on the end of the next isle over were a pair that caught his eye and he immediately wanted to try those on and put his other pair back.

Hmmm. Those were the exact same pair that Levi had tried on the night before at Kohls. That was the first pair Levi had loved and was about to pick as "the ones" but had second thoughts about how fast they went. Levi set the "super cool, blinky light shoes" back on the self and chose the silver ones instead, because "they were much faster," of course.

So, back to today.

Noah chose the blue light up shoes and we headed for home. I mentioned nothing of Levi's love for those shoes the night before and hoped for the best as we entered the house. Levi came bounding down the stairs to see Noah's new shoes and instantly burst into tears. "Those were the shoes I wanted! You said they were to small so I choose the fast ones!"

***Just to clarify, I did NOT say those were shoes were too small, but I am often blamed when anything in the universe does not go exactly to their liking. The other day I was responsible for Noah's popsicle melting as he ate it. The 113 degree weather had nothing to do with it, it was Mom's fault.

Anyway, back to the story....

After all that stress and self talk to make myself take the boys separately to the store (2 different stores mind you) and allow them to pick their own special shoes for school. After all that, they wanted the same ones! Soooooo, back to Kohls I went and exchanged the less then 24 hour old purchased shoes for the blinky light up ones that match his brother's. And in case any of you were wondering, they were $6 cheaper at JCPenney, but I was not willing to drive back there again and hope they had another size 12 in stock.

So there you have it. Two perfectly matching pairs of shoes!

Awesome blinky lights and all!

No comments: