Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wonder how many pediatrician bills this will cost us?

Since we don't have a pool, water fun around here usually looks like this.






So far, no broken bones, although I've got to imagine it's only a matter of time.

For Luke, water fun usually looks more like this, since the slide freaks him out a little.



Along with the occasional faceplant.



But today, on my way home from work, it finally looked like this.



(Seriously. I've been waiting all summer for a decent thunderstorm. I'll take the 5 minutes I got today. But I could go for more.)

And when I pulled up to the house, this is what I found.



Levi is actually wearing one more item of clothing in that photo than the state I found him streaking out of the garage in.

So they all put on swimsuits, and we headed down to the ol' swimmin' hole.





Otherwise known as the drainage area in the park at the end of the street.



Keep in mind, it has rained all of about 4 times here in the last 6 months or so. And that park drains all the water from our block. That puddle isn't exactly what you would call sanitary.

But the kids thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. They ran back...



and forth...



and back.



Luke got in on the action as well.



And despite our stern warnings, I think he actually managed to take a few slurps of that nasty water.



Finally, I am fairly sure that the rising moon on Noah in this picture...



is highly correlated to the giant grin on Levi's face in this one.



Stinker.

Then we were treated to a lovely sunset on our walk back home, where we attempted to thouroughly scrub every last bit of road grime out of the collections of scratches and scrapes they seemed to have picked up playing in the cesspool.

Hopefully none of those scratches start tuning the color of that sky, with who knows what kind of nasties inhabiting the ol' swimmin' hole...

No comments: