Saturday, March 26, 2011

Maybe, just maybe...

This almost two year process of working with our adoption agency has me exhausted on waiting, hoping, and believing that things will move forward as stated. I have become very cynical when I hear a time frame and know that I should double it (at the very least) so that I am not disappointed once again as a date comes and goes.




And yet, I so badly want this all finished, and so badly want Sophie home, that it is hard not to get excited about the idea of seeing her again in a matter of weeks!




We were told that our paperwork is finished and will be submitted to the US embassy on Monday! Monday! As in 2 days from now! I can hardly believe we are FINALLY to this stage. *** I will be checking with the embassy on Monday to see if this actually happens, but for now, I am going to be hopeful. ***




No idea now long the US government is going to take to get their ducks in a row and invite us over, but today, at this moment, I am feeling hopeful that it may not take the dreaded 12 weeks to return that we heard about while in country. Maybe it really will happen in 4-6 weeks! Maybe, just maybe.




On Monday it will have been four weeks since we last saw Sophie and I am so ready to just pack up my other four littles and head back for her. Seriously mean, to make a mother leave her child behind on the other side of the world.




But maybe, just maybe, our time to return to Ethiopia is approaching! Please Jesus, answer the cry of my heart, and bring us back to our daughter.



No comments: