Friday, March 11, 2011

We are home

I got the message from my mother, that my sister (yes, you Linny) thought I needed to write a post stating that we had in fact arrived home safe and sound.  So here is is folks, we are home safe and sound.

We arrived home around 5:30 pm on Wednesday night after two full days of travel.  We were exhausted and thrilled to have all four squirmy kids back in our arms.

Apparently Levi had insisted on not going to the airport to pick us up because he knew mommy would be sad (about leaving Sophie) and didn't want to see me that way.  Thank goodness Grandma convinced him I was coming home happy to see him.  (I had done my crying earlier in the day so I truly was all smiles for my kids.)  My sweet, tender hearted, Levi is more keenly aware of others emotions then any other kid I know.  Oh how I love that boy.

Some day in the future, perhaps I will sit down and reflect on our trip.  Life doesn't have too much time to offer for refection at the moment, so don't hold your breath for it.  :)  I do have to say that our trip and time in Ethiopia was amazing.  So many prayers were said for us for our health, safety, our kids, my emotions...... And we felt them all.  God was so very good to us.  We were in awe so many times of how things just fell into place in only a way that God could orchestrate them. 

We are home.  We are VERY weary.  And we are very thankful for the prayers of God's people as we continue this journey to bring our Sophie home. 

No comments: