Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My (second) youngest has turned against me

Last night we took the kids to Dairy Queen. While Luke was dripping with his vanilla cone, he was informing us all what he was going to be when he growed up. It went something like this (I exaggerate only slightly.)

Luke: “When I am growed up, I will be a constwuction man, or an es-cavator dwiver…”

Me, whispering to him: “Or an engineer.”

Luke, continuing: “…or a fire twuck man…”

Me, whispering louder: “Or an engineer.”

Luke, now finishing his yarn: “…or a big twuck dwiver. One of those guys.”

Me, no longer whispering: “Or an engineer.”

Luke: “Or maybe an engineer. They get to blow the twain whistle!!!”

Me: {bangs head into table}

Although, blowing a train whistle sounds like a mighty nice reprieve from the Dilbert strip that is my job right now…






"dumber than snake mittens."  I'm going to have to remember that one... ;)

No comments: