Tuesday, May 31, 2011

They made it

Their first day of Kindergarten...

To their last.


Hey look!  A roly-poly!!!

Here come the graduates.



I won't bore you with home videos of their thrilling songs and recitations for graduation.  We recorded all of Ella's, and I don't know that we've ever gone back to watch it.  So I am guessing you don't want to see it.  Needless to say, they were all adorable, and ours were surprisingly well behaved.  But heck...  keeping their hands out of inappropriate places for the whole program probably would have met our exectations, so actually singing along was a bonus.  Especially given that they both had epic meltdowns on the ride to school, just because they couldn't take their V-smile along.  Wouldn't be a complete last day of school without a meltdown!

Afterwords, they had to pose with their kindergarten crush, Chloe.  You've also got to say her name with a dreamy drawn out kindergarten crush voice...  Chloooooooeeeee...


And of course, their fantastic teachers, Mrs. Marquard and Miss Nikki.  I'm not sure how you actually got them to (mostly) behave and sit still long enough to learn something, but somehow you did.  Thanks again for being awesome teachers.  Maybe Luke will wander his way through there in a few years, just to uphold the tradition.


They will also miss Wall-e, their automatic trash can.


Mrs. Marquard informed me one day that the state had given the school some grant money.  I believe it was money from some tobacco tax that I am sure I voted against.  The money for their class was specified for a trash can.  Something about having a cleaner and more sanitary classroom environment.

Uhhhhh huh.  I've got two boys that I am constantly yelling "HANDS OUT OF YOUR PANTS!!!" at.

In public.

A trash can that opens itself isn't even going to put a dent in the sanitary condition of their hands, much less anything else in that classroom they touched (Sorry Marquard and Nikki.  We tried.  We really did.)

Mrs. Marquard said that they don't get any state funding, so this was fairly unusual.  I clarified for her that not getting state funding is actually a selling point for me, not a downside.

Ahhhhh, government!


Now it's on to first grade, where Mrs. Renaud has been warned that the next two won't likely be quite as... compliant... as their older sister.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a great post! You finally got that dumb old trash can in there! I can't believe how much they changed in one school year. I truly am going through Addink withdrawals. Good thing this blog exists so I can stalk you guys!