Sunday, December 7, 2008

A day in the life of...

Our kids were being goofy this afternoon, so I dragged out the camera to try to capture some of it. Mostly, I showed up too late and missed the moment. But I still got a few good ones...

Ella, testing the weight limit of the baby swing...


I am not sure exactly who thought this would be a good idea, but at some point our kids picked up some plastic shovels as a toy. They often spend time "shoveling" the rocks. Usually this involves flinging them as far outside the border of the gravel area as possible. On top of my Bronco top, into the air conditioner, on top of the shed, or today... into the yard I was getting ready to mow.

When I told Noah he would have to pick them up, he claimed he was just shoveling, and that they just "flew out into the yard." Uh huh...


Luke got in on the fun too...


Noah came over, supposedly to "give him kisses."


"Take my picture Dad!"




"Dad! Wuke tipped over!"


The pooch




Paige says this one is an LSD picture. Apparently she did some experimenting I never knew about...


Just waiting for a Scooby snack...


This was the moment I missed out on. Ella and Levi were walking all over the yard under what used to be an umbrella. We could see Ella chattering away to Levi about something, but couldn't hear it. By the time I got the camera out there, they had finished their heartfelt discussion and stroll.

I asked Ella what they were doing. "Getting married!" she said. "But Levi won't come do the hearsal!" How she even knows what a "hearsal" is, we have no idea. Then she says "And after we get married, we are going to have baaaabies!" Aye carrumba!

"Levi, come to the hearsal!"


"Come back! We have to get married!"


The jilted bride, left at the altar (or... the swingset.)


Levi dressed up in Ella's PJ top. At least he is wearing camouflage pants, which clash with the red... but preserve at least a little bit of manliness...


And his usual "smile" for pictures...


Never a dull moment around here.

1 comment:

andje said...

you should show the bush next to the baby swing.....