Friday, December 12, 2008

Night at the train park

As soon as I walked in the door tonight, I was informed that we were going to the train park. Apparently they had already spent some time there this afternoon, and still were itching to put some more time on their all day passes. Paige took them there today while the housecleaning crew came over. Housecleaning, you say? That doesn't sound like something stingy old Jason would spring for. Well, I got Paige a housecleaning crew for an afternoon, as a surprise gift. Being our 9th anniversary and all next week. Hey, at least it wasn't a dual bag vacuum, or an absecizer!

First they hit the Ferris wheel...






Then the carousel...


With some slightly creepy faces on it...


Next up was the "boat ride," as they call it...




And finally, a couple of loops on the miniature train...



Apparently I read instructions real well, since I followed the train right on past the "Danger" sign...



After we got home, and the kids were getting ready for bed, I came upstairs to Ella just sobbing. She had gotten herself to the point she couldn't even talk between her crys. What, you ask, could bring this sweet little girl to such a point of utter devastation.

A band aid. Actually... half a band aid.


She got a flu shot today, and the doc put a band aid on it. Paige said she hardly cried getting the shot. But apparently, halfway though removing the band aid, the agony was so great it required a total mental breakdown.

She wouldn't let me near it, even after promising I wouldn't take it off. Eventually Paige just grabbed it and popped it off. I think Ella almost fainted...

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Mutt and Jeff have not shifted from this position for approximately 63 minutes. Actually, they did shift. They were so close, they had to move their heads in order to follow the coyote and roadrunner around the screen...


Sometimes I wonder about our parenting skills...

No comments: