Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cherryholmes!

Cherryholmes finally made it back into town! And by in town, I mean a 2 hour drive to Tucson. And by Tucson, I mean a housing development so far north of Tucson it barely counts as part of the city. And by housing development, I mean retirement community.

Seriously. People pulled up to the theater in golf carts. I counted 7 other people, out of a couple hundred, who were under the age of 40.

But all so worth it! Cherryholmes is the best bluegrass band ever!

I bailed from work early today, and hit the 2 lane back route down to Tucson. The weather was perfect, overcast and cool, just the right temperature for rolling down the windows and blasting the Ipod...





After a quick bite to eat once I got down there, I enjoyed the awesome views of the Catalinas...






and got to the top of the hill just in time to take in a spectacular sunset....





Then on to the old folks home for some great pickin'...















Cherryholmes put on an incredible show, as usual. So far I have seen them in Tucson, Yuma, Michigan, and Tucson again. So I've got my Cherryholmes fix for a while. At least... until Sunday.

That's right people... Cherryholmes... twice... in one weekend. And Paige is even going with me on Sunday!

I recorded almost the entire concert in Tucson today. The videos are all uploading now, and should be done by morning. They'll be posted at the link below, and I will update this post with some of the better ones:

http://www.youtube.com/user/addink1970


Update: OK, so it took waaaaay longer to upload than I thought. I had to resize all the videos today before uploading them. More videos at the link above, but here are a few...








1 comment:

azsteenstras said...

Jason...your such a cherryhead :)