Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"This tastes like bun water!"

Every time I think about this one liner I laugh. (I don't get out much, my kids are my only source of entertainment.)

Yesterday there was a bottle of Pedialyte on the counter. Ella was recovering from the flu, for about the 100th time this school year, and had been offered some Pedialyte to drink. After one taste she decided water was the only thing she wanted. So there sat the opened, undrunk bottle on the counter. Levi, thinking it was juice, or something else great that he was missing out on, decided he wanted a glass of it to drink. I warned him that it was for kids with the flu and didn't taste like juice. He was sure I was wrong and demanded I pour him a glass. All right! So I poured him a nice tall glass. He took one sip. Then looking puzzled he tried it again and announced "This tastes like bun water." I laughed so hard (and am still laughing now a day later as I type this) I almost fell to the kitchen floor. Ella and Noah got a good giggle out of it as well.

Just to clarify - when the kids are taking a bath Levi is always slurping up dirty, soapy, bath water. Jason has repeatedly warned him not to drink tub water since you sit in it. Thus dubbing it "bun water."

So, the advertising on the bottle of Pedialyte that says, "Tastes great" is a lie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny! You're clan does provide some good one liners...

Ronnie