Thursday, May 7, 2009

The first tooth

So after a week of wiggling, tugging, and playing, Ella finally got her first tooth out. Almost the day after we discovered her shark teeth, one of her babies started wiggling. She was obsessed with that thing for a full week. Any time we looked at her, she was lost deep in a haze of tooth wiggl'n. But in no way, shape, or form did she want any assistance with it. She wanted it to fall out "by itself."

Even though her mean ol' dad kept saying she should just give it a yank. Or let me help. Or even tie a string around it (that instantly reduced her to tears. Whoops...)

But then at preschool on Tuesday, it just popped right out while she was playing in the classroom. She slipped it into her pocket without even saying a word (although she did show it to her friends later on the carpet.) When she got home, she broke the big news!





The gross missing tooth shot...


Luckily I had gone to the bank a few days before and picked up a few gold dollars. I asked Ella what she thought the tooth fairy would exchange for her tooth. "Maybe a dime!" she said excitedly. "I should ask [a friend a preschool] what she got for hers, and maybe I would get the same thing!"

I could have gotten off a lot cheaper, I guess. But when she woke up the next morning, she found three gold dollars where her tooth had been. You could hear her feet thumping the floor from her room to ours to come tell us what she discovered. Too cute, and so worth three bucks...



Now I am just trying to get her to work on that next one... ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, when I lost my first tooth my mom just yelled at me to get a job!

Tim And Gina said...

$3.00 is better than a $300.00 dentist bill...So think of it as getting off cheap.

Jason Addink said...

True, true. We were thinking we might have to get them pulled if they didn't fall out.

Plus now she she still thinks the dentist is a nice guy, although she is terrified her dad will tie a string on her tooth! ;)