Thursday, August 30, 2012

I pray a hedge of protection

So we sent Luke to a different preschool than all our other kids, at the Methodist church down the street.  And this came home from preschool on Luke's backpack today...


Hmmmmmm.  What exactly does that... do?  Paige told me about it at dinner, and our kids got wind of it and started asking all kinds of questions...

"What does a blessing mean?  Why did they pray to a backpack?  Why does Luke go to a school where they don't believe in God?"

I was just dying laughing because it made me think of these classic Tim Hawkins clips...


 
 
So seriously all my Methodist blog readers... what's with blessing a backpack? Growing up in the CRC bubble, I don't get it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm not an expert, but I think annointing oil or holy water may be involved next??