Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kid's Growth

Since we started this blog, and started reading other people's blogs about their kids, I've noticed one popular style of photo. People choose some adorable stuffed animal, and take a picture of their newborn with the stuffed animal. Then as the munchkin grows, they take pictures with the same stuffed animal so you can see how big they are getting (see here and here.)

I thought it would be fun to do something similar with Luke. Only I am not all that fond of cute stuffed animals. So I came up with something a little more... unique. It's an old wrench that I saved when we cleaned out all of my Grandpa Walcott's treasures from his garage.

Luke (19 days old):

The other kids had to join in as well...

Ella (4-1/2 years):

Levi (2-2/3 years): Poor kid still has a fever of 102.5° and didn't want to take a picture...


Noah (2-2/3 years):

For the record, this was not my original idea. My original idea was much, much better. It was much more politically incorrect, and more fitting with my sense of humor. Paige's exact words when she saw what I was up to were "You are disturbed! Disturbed!" She refused to let me post it, even though she laughed every time she saw the picture. So I had to find a backup, and you have all been deprived of a thoroughly funny set of pictures...

Email Paige or post a comment that you promise not to be offended, and maybe she will be swayed to let me post them...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, we totally must see the original idea. I just posted pictures of my cut off thumb - so it's okay to be disturbed occasionally.

But the wrench idea is freaking hilarious!

Jason Addink said...

I'm not posting them until Paige ok's it. She has promised severe marital discord if I violate her edict...

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

Who's to submit to whom? lol


We have to see it. Give it up Paige...please!