Sunday, June 29, 2008

Daddy date

Ella and I went on our last daddy date before we head to Michigan in a few days. We started out with our traditional daddy date meal, breakfast at the Farmhouse.



She really got a big smile when her big plate of french toast, sausage, and scrambled eggs arrived.



Then the sugar apparently went straight to her head, and she started acting goofy.




Then we went for a surprise shopping trip. It seems like every time I am doing yardwork, and Ella comes outside, she is finding some fancy rock in our yard to show me. But since all the rock in our yard is fairly bland crushed granite, her rock finds, while very special to her, are not really all that pretty. So we headed over to the Black Market Minerals store at Arizona Mills Mall. Now, I suspect that these minerals are not really obtained on the black market, so I didn't feel any real guilt over letting Ella pick out a few and bring them home. She picked out one for me, one for mom, one for Levi, one for Noah, and several for herself.



Standing next to a giant rock, with her little purple bag of treasures. I think the price tag on that sucker said $3000. Three grand for a big rock!


She had to thoroughly examine this huge amethyst


Then we ran a few errands, and headed home for Levi and Noah's birthday party.

No comments: