Tuesday, April 26, 2011

At last! (part two)

Ella waiting so "patiently" for her sister to arrive.




The nannie walked in, placed her in our arms and walked out. There we sat, in the office, with a frozen and concerned baby on my lap and the driver ready to go. We were not ready to jump in the van one minute after her being placed in our arms so we asked if we could go into one of the family visiting rooms for a bit. They happily obliged and led us to a receiving room, where we could take it slowly and relax a bit with one another.

It was love at first sight for Ella, but I could have told you that. There is nothing to not love about Miss Sophie.




In fact as Jason and I were looking Sophie over a bit more closely commenting on this or that (like "I think she had chicken pox, look at this") Ella would chime in with a "She's just perfect." What a great big sister!




So we played and played, and the smiles started to appear and it was SO good for a momma's heart.








Then we changed her clothes to get her ready to leave. They had her dressed so nicely, and I kinda wanted to keep her "gotcha day" outfit, but we knew they need the clothes for others. So we popped her into a new outfit and were ready to go.







3 comments:

jeanette said...

you're gonna think I'm crazy -but when Sophie smiles -I think her face distinctly resembles you Paige! especially the pic of Sophie holding the little ball. :)

andrea said...

I was thinking the same thing! How funny! This is the best post ever--I shed some tears of joy. : )

Van Den Brinks said...

My heart is so full for all of you. She is so beautiful and to think God knew from the beginning of time that she would be your child. What a blessing she is and what a blessing you all are for her.