Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting a little crowded in there

We've got a bunch of carrot plants going gangbuster in our garden. The old farmer genes buried deep in my genetics told me I should pull some so that the remaining carrots had some room to stretch their legs. Recessive farmer genes should be listened to, right?
 

Paige sent me this one the other day. Since I am the only person who really enjoys cauliflower around here, I got to eat most of it myself. There is still half of it left in the fridge. And Paige even made me cheese sauce, just like mom used to. Mmmmmm...
 

And speaking of recessive farmer genes... this is funny.


2 comments:

n8 Addink said...

You're HARVESTING a garden in April? What in the world! Our growing season was delayed 3-4 weeks due to a longer cold than usual, so we don't start PLANTING till...mid-May. Be jealous of the North.

Jason Addink said...

It's now May 7, and we are actively hunting for large umbrellas to provide some shade because our tomato plants are getting cooked. Be jealous of the SouthWest.