Friday, April 15, 2011

Update

Today I received this little update in my in box.


Ella thought she looked adorable in her Easter outfit. Not the Easter outfit I was envisioning for her but hey, she still looks adorable.

In the great paperwork chase we received some encouraging news today as well. It appears that our paperwork WAS mailed this past week and is at the National Visa Center. (That is where we need it to be). Not sure who to believe... the lady from yesterday who told me it was still at the NBC, or the lady today who told me it had shipped on Tuesday and provided me with a tracking number. I went with the tracking number information because that was a much better news. Hope she was right!

So, then I spent the day harassing the National Visa Center to see if they could please find my file and expedite it for the embassy. (The embassy also emailed us this morning stating that they were asking the NVC to expedite the paperwork, as it was all they needed for our files approval.) So while they knew it needed to be expedited, I was told, "well ma'am, we receive 50,000 pieces of mail a day in our mailroom."

My response was "Great, so can you find it? Here's my tracking number!"

"Please call back in a few hours while I send an email to the mail room asking them to look for it ."

I called back in two hours, and then again in another four hours, but no sign of the paperwork. Then they closed for the weekend.

So, I will be waking up at 4:30 on Monday morning (or maybe I will make Jason do it so he can charm the ladies at the NVC with his chatty personality) to call them when they first open to see if they found it, uploaded it, and sent it to Ethiopia.

If given the chance I GUARANTEE that I could have found my paper in the mail room of 50,00 pieces of new mail, even without the tracking number. The people working there have no idea what is waiting for me on the other end of this "adventure." They are lacking my motivation.




Sophie can rest assured that her mother is doing EVERYTHING in her power to bust her out of those bunny pajamas!

No comments: