Friday, April 29, 2011

Even in Ethiopia

Before we left on this trip, I had just enough connection with the real world to know that some big wig in England was getting married soon, and that it was a huge hullabaloo. Given that we fought a whole war to rid ourselves of a king, and have a holiday to celebrate it, it didn't pay much more attention than that. I was just thankful I'd be in Ethiopia during the media circus.

Apparently they are even excited about the wedding here though. When we came down for lunch, guess what was on the TV?






That's right. A bunch of women with absolutely insane headwear. Who wakes up and thinks "A giant blue genie slipper! That's what I need on my forehead!"

Every single lady at the guest house was absolutely glued to the TV. They caught me when I tried to snap a photo though.





Even my wife was watching, claiming it was a real life fairy tale. And Ella was also enthralled.





I think our own little princess even watched for a little bit.



1 comment:

Joy said...

She is so beautiful - I noticed her curls have grown since your last visit - so sweet!