Friday, December 18, 2009

Celebrating 7 happy years of marriage...

...as well as our 10th wedding anniversary!

I kid, I kid... ;)

Yup, 10 years ago today that we tied the ol' knot. Seems like a long time ago that we were rehearsing the wedding vows...

She's been good to me in the past ten years. The excitement, like when you wear a brand new pair of shoes for the first time, has worn off some. Now she is comfortable, like a well worn pair of blue jeans. Sure, she isn't quite as soft and velvety as she once was. Her color has faded somewhat over the years. But she has never failed to keep me warm on many a cold day and night. Amazingly enough, I don't think she has shrunk at all, despite the many washings and my growing waistline. If I could ever find another just like her, well, I'd have two of them. And for serving me well all these years, she has earned the honored nickname of "Ol' Reliable."

Yup, that old green fleece with the black stripe is pretty much the most cost efficient and comfy piece of clothing I ever bought. Still being worn, this very day, in honor of our 10th anniversary.

Much to the chagrin of my lovely wife, who has put up with me (and my worn out fleece) these last 10 years.


Vimeo video will go here. Hopefully. I digitized and edited our wedding video this summer, while Paige was in Michigan, with the audio track of the song of our first dance as man and wife. I uploaded it to YouTube tonight, but the evil Warner Music Group stripped the audio out of it. I knew I should have tried this earlier. But some other guy has the same audio and 2 million views. Or 8 million views on this one. I don't get it. Maybe Vimeo will be more tolerant. Uploading is complete, but it won't start converting until around 1:30 AM. I've got a video uploading to Blogger now as well, just in case the Vimeo thing doesn't work either. Grrrrrrrrr....


Wedding Video from Jason Addink on Vimeo.





Happy anniversary, my beautiful bride. 10 years, 4 kids, and 2 dogs later, and I still love you as much as the day I married you. Possibly even more... ;)

Hard to believe our parents let a couple of kids like us get married and run off to Mexico for our honeymoon, eh?


I'm looking forward to seeing what the next 10 (or 20, or 30) years will bring.

And just how long "Ol' Reliable" will last... ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats you two little love birds!!!!