Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Red White and Blue

I've been waiting six years for this...



Stripped and started sanding...


Masked off...


Stained...


Distressed and finished...




Briefly taking its place next to the others.


I made the one on the left when Ella was born. I made the one in the middle when we realized we were having twins, and would need two high chairs. And I've been waiting the whole time to make one for my buddy to celebrate his impending fatherhood.

I can't wait to see pictures of a wee little Bakker, planted in his (or her) chair, flinging every food offered to him (or her) at his (or her) poor exasperated father. And from my recent phone call with him, the poor guy has no idea what is about to hit him... ;)


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Saw it tonight and it brought tears to my eyes. Really weird to see their home start to be filled with baby items. I am so excited I can hardly stand it and you are an amazing friend for doing that for them. What a memory you have made!

Jason Addink said...

Wish I could be there to see the Bakker baby nest!