Friday, December 18, 2009

High Five and Dinner Out

Many years ago I concocted the idea to take a second honeymoon on our ten year anniversary.

As the years went by and we got closer to the decade mark we invited some friends of ours to share the dream that in 2009 we would head for Costa Rica for a trip of a life time. We were all supposed to work out, lose weight, and save money with this pending goal in sight. Earlier this year we decided that we would be adopting our fifth child and that would deplete the 10th anniversary fund (and then some.) Our friends, who were busy working out at the gym, were disappointed in our announcement that we would no longer be taking the dream trip and instead would stay home fat and broke. I told Jason all I wanted for my anniversary was dinner out and a high five. So there you have it. Aunt Angie was kind enough to watch our kids tonight so Jason and I could go out for dinner ALONE and exchange a high five. Thanks Angie! That's all we ever needed.

And don't feel bad for our skinny friends in Salt Lake. They went and got themselves pregnant! So really we have to blame cancelling the trip on them. Maybe in another ten years we can try again.

[ Note from the husband: As I am proofreading this for her, Paige says "I didn't declare my undying love for you. Want me to add that?" And they say romance is dead... ;) ]

3 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary guys! A baby will be a far better way to celebrate 10 years than a trip - and a baby will last longer :).
Joy

Anonymous said...

I think that you should all come and visit us in Costa Rica in a year or so when we are there for language school.

The Fischer Family said...

Happy Anniversary! In two months, Adam and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary. Our first wedding sucked because it was about what our parents wanted and not what we wanted or who we were. Ever since our wedding day, we have wanted to renew our vows and invite friends and family to Vegas for a fun filled weekend on our 10th anniversary. When we decided to adopt this year, we pushed our plan back another 10 years. I guess we aren't the only ones. :-)