Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggety jog

Paige, the kids, and the mother-in-law left Michigan today to head back home. Paige called tonight to say they made it to Tulsa. 846 miles isn't a bad first day. She didn't relay any horror stories, so it must be going fairly well.

I am ready for them to be back. I can't say that I don't enjoy the "alone time" when they are gone. But I also don't go to sleep until 2 AM because the house is too quiet. Then I fire myself up on caffeine all day to stay awake. And I eat atrocious meals... like roast beef. Just roast beef... no veggies, bread, fruit. Or a whole pile of scrambled eggs. Tasty, but 3 weeks of that has managed to take out even my iron gut. Needless to say, after only a few weeks, I am exhausted, jittery, and highly irregular.

Plus, as much I enjoy having the house remain undisturbed while I am gone... I miss the little rugrats that make that mess. I haven't seen Luke in almost a month which is a third of his life (life outside of his mother, that is.) The kid is going to be huge!

So yeah, I'm a little excited about them coming home...

Update: Got a call this morning that the actually made it to Oklahoma City, 951 miles. It seems Paige accidentally booked their hotel in Oklahoma City, which they didn't realize until they couldn't find the hotel anywhere in Tulsa.

No comments: