Friday, August 1, 2008

More Tim Kimmel (and Barry Asmus!)

I discovered today that EVBC posted the audio from all the Hot Summer Nights events. I can't vouch for the other nights, but I listened to both Tim Kimmel and Barry Asmus, and would recommend you do as well.

FYI (if you don't go to EVBC) Tom is the senior pastor and is the guy doing the interviewing in the audio.

Barry Asmus is an economist who talked about virtually every current topic... from social security to housing to gas prices. I know what you are thinking... an economist? Is this some boring political guy that only nuts like Jason would enjoy? Not at all. He is an entertaining, fascinating, and extremely knowledgeable speaker. Definitely worth listening to.

Part 1
Part 2

Tim Kimmel talked about parenting, grandparenting, and took a tangent into illegal immigration. Again, an entertaining and challenging speaker, and well worth listening to.

Part 1
Part 2

I have no idea how long these will be posted on the website. If the links stop working and you want to listen, let me know and I can email you the MP3s. The other Hot Summer Nights audio is on the EVBC homepage right now as well, although I have not listened to those.

No comments: