Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adventures with dad - Day 2

Approximately 9 AM this morning...

Me: Ella, what should we have for breakfast?
Ella: Hmmmmmmm... Spaghettios?

For the record, we had a bagel (Noah), PB&J (Levi), jelly toast (Ella), and apples all around.

----------------------------------------------------------

We headed out to Target and Home Depot, with the Veggie Tales CD blasting in the newly repaired CD player. On the way, we stopped for gas. The local gas station appears to believe that I don't get exposed to enough TV, particularly advertisements...


The volume on this thing was deafening, you can't change the channel, it's about 2 feet from your face when pumping. I can't think of a more aggravating thing to do to a gas pump (aside from plastering it with stickers warning you not to use your cell phone.) The gas pump is one of the few places where I get a few quiet minutes to myself. Now I've got a TV blaring away at me.

I went into the store and complained to the manager, it was that annoying. Amazingly, he actually seemed thankful. Even shook my hand. He said "corporate" was putting them in over in California, and wanted to try them out here. He said that he couldn't use his intercom any more, because customers can't hear him over the TVs. Maybe he thinks they are as dumb as I do, but didn't have any evidence that customers hated them.

----------------------------------------------------------

On the way to Target, Levi was pulling on his ear. I asked him if it hurt. "Yes." Uh oh. After Home Depot, we headed home and called the pediatrician to make an appointment. After scarfing down a quick lunch (Spaghettios!) we headed to the doctor. Sure enough, he has an ear infection.

----------------------------------------------------------

After the 10 minute nap on the way to the doctor, afternoon naps didn't happen once we got home. The kids played most of the afternoon while I cleaned. Then we ate some chicken nuggets and strawberries for lunch and went for a bike ride around the block. Then baths and bedtime.

As if leaving me with the kids wasn't work enough, Paige also left me with a honey-do list. Unbelievable. Like I am going to have the time to wrangle the kids AND fix things around the house. Just how competent does she think I am? ;)

So after the kids hit the sheets, I started on the list. No point in straining myself, so I started off easy...
Hanging a sign on the existing hook on the screen door... not too difficult.

Hung up this giant star that Paige picked up at a garage sale. I also finally hung up the small quilt that Mrs. Bakker made us.

And since Paige will read this in Michigan and wonder where I moved her sign that was hanging on this wall... it's right here honey.
I am sure this will all have to be re-arranged once Paige gets home. ;)

I hung up the grocery bag holder thing. We've only had it floating around the pantry since we moved in three years ago.

Added the top shelf that Paige wanted.

And as an added bonus, I discovered that if the Great Depression II really does hit on Monday, at least I know we won't be going hungry.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow... winter grass. The highs this weekend are supposed to be in the 70s! (for anyone not from AZ, that is cause for major excitement around here.) Gotta get that seed down!

1 comment:

andje said...

it is fReEZiNg here!