Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not manufacturer recommended

I put in the winter grass today. Every year, it seems like one of the biggest hassles is getting the topper spread evenly. I usually throw it out with a shovel, then use a rake to spread it even more. It never ends up all that even. But I had an epiphany today.

I am pretty sure when they wrote the manual for the leaf blower, this was not one of the recommended uses...



But it worked really well. I ended up with a nice even coat of topper, directed just where I wanted. The only problem was that after about half a bag, the moist topper would collect inside the leaf blower to the point that the rotor was rubbing on a solid block of topper. Scraping it out was a pain in the rear, and made the whole idea take much longer than it should have.

So I had to switch tactics from the precision guided missle to the carpet bombing method...



I'm fairly sure repeated uses of this method will result in my early death due to black lung.

No comments: