Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Levi's dream

No wonder the kid wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. He relayed this to me while scarfing down his 4-2/3 eggs (!) for dinner. His entire description was one giant run on sentence. I will attempt to capture the authentic Levi pronunciation. For the most authentic rendering, read quickly, with your mouth full of eggs, and gasp for breath every few phrases:

Levi: Dad, I had a th-ream last night! Dere was a bear. Big bear! And da bear chased-ed me. But you dot [got] your dun [gun] from your room, and chooted da bear. And you lighted his fur up with fire! And he burned-ed right up. And you chooted dat bear so he didn't dit [get] me.

[This vivid telling of the dream went on for several minutes, and unfortunately I did not take notes.]

Noah: Daddy, you were the hero!

Levi: Yeah dad, you were the hero cause you chooted the bear with your big dun!

No comments: