Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sweet Baby Luke

Luke has been sleeping for a good 8 hours at night, before needing to eat again, since he was 2 and a half months old. Tomorrow he will be five months old and he blessed me with a gift last night. ELEVEN hours! Count them folks. ELEVEN! Went to bed at 8 pm and I didn't hear from him again until 7 am! What a good boy! I would have enjoyed my first uninterrupted night of sleep in five months too, if one of my three year old angels hadn't had his own melt down at 2 am because his sippy no longer had ice in it and I refused to go get him some. (I'm really not that cold hearted, just not a routine I want to begin at 2 am.)


So here he is all snuggled in for bed tonight. Let's hope he has a repeat of last night and Noah doesnt. :)

*And for the record, I know it is not safe for babies to sleep with blankets in their crib, but this is how Luke wants to sleep. He needs a blankie in both arms to snuggle with during the night. Unfortunately the blanket I bought for him to be his "lovey" weighs about 80 pounds and is sweltering hot. (Postpartum brain, not always the best for making decisions with) So he lays on top of it now. I am just afraid that he is going to be attached to the white blankies he cuddles with instead. And if Luke loves his blankie the way our other kids love their blankets, white is not going to be a good color to start with. Ah! An excuse to go shopping! :) Maybe next week when Luke and I fly to GR to meet Max we will have to hit the malls!

No comments: