Monday, July 21, 2008

Down from the mountain

I spent the weekend up in Flagstaff visiting my good friend Jonathan and his wife Katie. It was so nice to get out of the heat and just spend a weekend relaxing and lounging around. We headed out Saturday morning and went shooting in the forest. I took my camera intending to take lots of pictures, but only ended up taking these two. I don't manage to go shooting nearly as often as I would like, so this was great.



Saturday afternoon Jonathan had to go to work, so I headed out to the woods and met up with some other friends who were camping outside of Flag. Then back into town that afternoon, and we headed out to see Dark Knight. The movie was excellent, enough that I might have to go see it again. But it is certainly not the feel good movie of the year. As the reviews (here and here) have been saying, it is very dark, and not exactly what one would call uplifting. Sunday we headed to church, then cleaned their house in preparation for an open house that afternoon, then just hung out the rest of the day. Jonathan and I have been friends since kindergarten, so it is always great to see him. Whether it has been a week (rare) or a year (more common) since I have seen him, we always pick right back up like no time has passed at all.

While I was there, Jonathan and Katie were telling me about the lady who lives next door to them, who's sanity is questionable. It rained hard Sunday afternoon, and their neighbor then spent the remaining several hours of the day watering her rain-soaked front yard. The following conversation ensued later in the day...

Jonathan: Sometimes I feel a little sorry for her.
Jason: Well, if she really is crazy, then she probably doesn't even know that she is, and she isn't really that upset about it.
Jonathan: I suppose. The characteristic of being truly crazy is that you don't actually know you are crazy.
Jason: Yup, mad as a hatter, but you think you are normal.
Jonathan: Unlike me. I'm crazy, but I am well aware that I'm crazy.
Jason: So then what does that make you?
Jonathan: Normal!
Jason and Katie (laughing): Soooooo... you are crazy, but think you are normal?
Jonathan: Arghhhh! Buggers!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love seeing the pics of my bro, even if it is with a gun :) Now, the question is, did you actually get to hear her screaming at the top of her lungs?

Jason Addink said...

Nothing wrong with a little firearm goodness ;)

Didn't get to hear her scream. Jonathan and Katie didn't tell me about the screaming until Sunday. I was sleeping in their guest bedroom, with the window open, which is right next to the neighbor's house. I'm pretty sure I would have freaked if I heard screaming in the middle of the night. Either that, or slept right through it.