Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The lonely goat

I am at home watching the kids. Our van is in the shop for last minute repairs before the road trip, and Paige had to run to a pediatrician appointment with Luke. So I ran home for a little while. As I was sitting there using "the facilities," I noticed a small plastic goat sitting on the floor. This immediately caused me to burst into a rousing rendition of "High on the hill lived a lonely goat yodel-ley yodel-ley yodel-ley-hee-hoo!" The kids looked at me like I was looney (What? Doesn't everyone sit on the john and sing about goats?)

So I decided to show them the masterpiece that is the Sound of Music puppet show...




They were glued. Ella even insisted on dancing with me, "like the goats." We have watched it about four times now, and they are all sitting here waiting for me to finish typing so they can watch it again. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are "my child" for sure! Do you remember going to school with me singing "Meet Me In St. Louie" at high volume (and out the window just to embarrass the kids!)? Or perhaps that was after your time! I am surprised that you ever watched Sound of Music! Do your kids recognize that the puppet show lady is the same as the supercalafragilistic (sp?) lady that they see multiple times at my house? Well, at least they will become familiar with bits and pieces of some of the classics!:)

Jason Addink said...

It wasn't after my time. I have very vivid recollections of all kinds of embarrassing children's songs being played at high volume... because I was the one being dropped off at high school. It's wasn't enough that I was already socially awkward and nerdy... I had to be dropped off by my mother playing Wee Sing tapes at full volume. Thanks mom! ;) I am looking forward to doing the same to my kids, only I will probably be playing Willie Nelson or the Carter Family.

And no, I don't think they recognized Julie Andrews. They were too focused on the singing goats.