Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stories from Michigan

Paige relayed a couple of funny stories. I might not get all the details right, but I will be close.

Story 1: Paige was sitting in the living room, while the kids were in the bathroom coloring. She figured they were fairly safe in there, given that the floor is tile. So any stray markers would be easy to wipe off. She severely "mis-underestimates" their creativity. Levi had a much grander canvas in mind than coloring on the floor.

Ella came wandering out of the bathroom. "Mom... Levi colored his boy parts."

I don't know the extent of his coloring. Frank, beans, surrounding area? But apparently it was an impressive work of art. He chose primarily a shade of blue, although I believe there were other colors involved as well.

I asked Paige if she took a picture. She said she thought about it, but was afraid she would get arrested. It's not like you have to get a digital picture developed though. Oh well, I 'm not sure how I would have posted it here anyways.

Story 2: Ella told Grandma proudly, as she was being tucked into bed, "Grandpa is taking me on a date tomorrow!" Grandma replied, somewhat confused, that Ella could call it a date if she wanted to. Apparently Grandma doesn't know about Daddy Dates.

Ella continued: "Daddy takes me on dates. We go to the pharmacy. I get pancakes and eggs and sausage."

That's right, nothing says "I love my little girl" like a trip to buy some prescription drugs... and breakfast?

As if Grandma wasn't already confused enough, I'll bet that really threw her for a loop.

For those who are just as confused as poor Grandma, we actually go the the Farmhouse.

No comments: